Monroe County Adult Education
Jamie England, Director
270-487-8709 or 270-487-6181 ext. 1106
FREE SERVICES AVAILABLE
Learning Center located at the Monroe County Community Resource Center
ADULT EDUCATION AT THE WORKPLACE: Instructors come to the business and provide academic instruction to employees in reading, writing, math, English as a Second Language (ESL), instruction leading to GED attainment, or instruction leading to the Kentucky Employability Certificate. Instruction and materials are free for workforce improvement.
ADULT EVENING CLASSES: Free classes offered for reviewing basic skills, gaining employability skills, English as a Second Language (ESL), or earning the GED at the Monroe County Community Resource Center (MCCRC) on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
FAMILY EDUCATION: Year-round classes meet at MCCRC from 7:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Parents with or without high school diplomas and have children from birth – 18 years of age eligible. All services are free which may include family field trips, breakfast, lunch. Academic skills, parenting skills, and employability skills are available.
ADULT DAY CLASSES: Free year-round academic classes offered Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
ADULT EDUCATION – LITERACY: Free one on one classes are offered in reading to help adults improve their reading skills. The learner works with a tutor at times convenient for the student. Call for confidential assistance.
ABE/GED VISITING INSTRUCTOR: Free classes can be offered at various Monroe County sites. If you and a few others in your neighborhood are interested in forming a class, call MCCRC for more information.
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL): Free classes offered during adult day classes (see class schedule) and adult evening classes (Monday 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.) at MCCRC.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION: Recreational and/or life-long learning classes that are of interest to the public will be scheduled for a small fee. Call Kathy Grace to request or register for a class at 270-487-8709 ext. 1134.
OTHER CLASSES/ASSESSMENTS OFFERED:
- WORKKEYS- Classes for obtaining a Kentucky Employability Certificate, an excellent credential for showcasing your abilities when seeking employment.
- PARAEDUCATOR ASSESSMENT- Requirement for teachers aid position in Monroe County School System.
- G.E.D. PRACTICE TEST- Free and required testing for individuals interested in attaining a GED.
- OFFICIAL G.E.D. TEST- This test is given to those who have passed the GED Practice Test.
- MILITARY PREPERATION- Increase skills/knowledge of military assessments (ASVAB).
- POSTSECONDARY PREPARATION- Increase skills/knowledge of postsecondary entrance exams, financial aid, etc.
FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING CLASSES, CALL OR COME BY
Monroe County Community Resource Center (old THS)
401 West 4th Street
TOMPKINSVILLE, KY 42167